Skip to Content

Colonial Cases


Manchester Courier, 11 April 1903.
In this column questions on legal subjects are answered by an experienced professional gentleman.  
.  .  .  
Sumatra. - We think that the "Consular Court" would be able to deal with the matter. From our own experience we may add that you would probably be called upon to deposit in such court about twice as much as the amount in dispute, and that your chance of recovering such amount is only equal to the "toss up of a copper." If you take our advice you will try all other means in your power before resorting to litigation.

Published by Centre for Comparative Law, History and Governance at Macquarie Law School